Benefits of Fostering with Excel
You’ve made the decision to become a foster carer and change the lives of many young people.
We offer all of our foster carers the following rewards, support, and benefits:
- Your very own dedicated social worker - When you apply to become an Excel foster carer, you will be allocated your very own dedicated, qualified and experienced social worker who will be available to guide you through application process or help with any queries you may have. You will receive regular phone calls and supervision visits from your social worker to allow you to share how you are getting on.
- Regular training - We will provide regular training sessions on various topics such as ‘Skills to Foster’ which is delivered by professionals. We want these sessions to be useful for you, so we take regular feedback and organise training sessions on topics that have been requested by our carers.
- Foster carer support hub - Talk to fellow foster carers in your local area through the support hub we provide. This allows you to communicate with your peers on any issues you may be facing or even being able to meet up and sharing some positive news about how your placement is going. You will also be able to use the support hub as a way of sharing stories and learning about others experiences in a safe environment.
- Excellent and competitive pay - Not only will a career as a foster carer enable you to make a difference to so many children and young people’s lives, it also provides excellent and competitive rates of pay. As a foster carer, you rarely get time away from the role, so in consideration of that you are provided with an allowance to support you.
- Eligible for general tax exemptions - As well as a competitive rate of pay you’ll also benefit from qualifying care relief which means you’ll earn £10,000 from fostering before you have to pay tax and you get a tax relief for every week you foster a child.
- Support available 24/7 - Our friendly team will be able to provide support to you 24/7, 365 days a year, you will never be alone with Excel Fostering.
- Time to take a break - As a foster carer you will have 14 days of holiday (respite) to take over the year. This will allow you to have some time away, rest and refresh and ready to continue being the amazing foster carer you are. This will be paid respite leave allowing you to get the peace of mind you need.
- Your invite to social events - At Excel Fostering, we want everyone to feel a part of the team and the Excel family, with this in mind we organise a number of family oriented social events throughout the year which you and your family are invited to. Time to get you dancing shoes and party hat on!
- Membership of FosterTalk - You’ll automatically become a member of FosterTalk, providing you with discounts, a subscription to FosterTalk Magazine, tax advice, legal advice and much more.
- Max Card with discounts - The Max Card is the UK’s leading discount card for foster families and families of children with additional needs. You’ll be sent a Max Card that can be used at venues across the UK to get free or discounted admission.
Contact us today, to learn more about training and support we offer.