Benefits of Fostering with Excel
Excel Fostering is an Employee Ownership Trust and we are run by members of staff with years of fostering experience and expertise. This allows us to deliver a comprehensive support package, that provides you with a high-quality support service and allows you to grow in your role as a foster carer.
We offer all foster carers the following rewards, support and benefits:
Support for you
- Induction Programme – when you are approved, we‘ll provide you with a tailored induction designed to meet your needs as we help you prepare for your first placement.
- Regular supervisions and regular calls/ video chat – you will be allocated a dedicated, qualified and experienced social worker who will always be on hand to offer you support and advice.
- Our Social Workers have small caseloads – to ensure you will have all the support you need from Social Workers who have the time to spend with you when you need it.
- 24/7 support, 365 days – you will be supported by our out of hours service if you have emergency during the night, at the weekend or on holidays, we are at the end of the phone.
- Your development – we are committed to ensuring you have all the training you need to enable you to provide great foster care; we work in partnership with you to understand your desires as a foster carer and agree a plan of professional development.
- Access to our pioneering therapeutic service – we’re very proud of our therapeutic service which provides you with a a completely tailor-made support package when you have a MATS placement; giving you the tools to support the child in your care.
- Mentoring – as a newly approved carer, you will get the advice and support you need from one of our experienced foster carers right from the early stages of your fostering journey.
- Meeting with Managers – attending sessions held by your local managers will allow you to share your thoughts about the service we offer, seek support and ensure your voice is heard in shaping our ongoing service delivery.
- FosterTalk – we will provide with a membership to FosterTalk, a special service for foster carers which provides you with legal, financial and tax advice along with access to hundreds of discounted goods and services.
- Dedicated placement officer and plan – we will work with you to understand your matching requirements, working hard to identify the right child or young person for you to foster and ensure your family book and profile is always up to date.
Foster Carer Progression and Training
- Statutory training – as a minimum, you will complete all mandatory core training throughout your time as a carer to help you care with confidence.
- Specialist training – you will continue your professional development and will have access to a range of training opportunities in specialist aspects of foster care, for instance: therapeutic, parent and child and long-term training in order to open up the range of children and young people you can care for.
- Flexible training plans – an array of training options which are delivered at local venues, online and at varying times to suit your and your family’s busy schedules.
- Regular support groups – there is an expectation that you will attend regular support groups to provide you and your family with an opportunity to learn from other carers experiences and to seek support and advice in a safe environment.
- Ambassadors – dedicated foster carer representatives will advocate for you and help grow the pool of carers in your area through events and carer forums so we can reach and help more children.
- Dedicated online Carer Area – a secure portal exclusive to Excel Fostering foster carers which will keep you up to date with news, training and what’s on in your local area.
- Events – having fun is vital, so we will organise events for you, your families and, children and young people in your care.
- Key milestones – recognising and celebrating your key achievements such as awards for length of service.
- Discounted goods and services – through our affiliated partners you will receive a discount card that you can use at venues across the UK. This includes access to discounts from branded goods, days out and holidays for your family.
Your Own Children
- Support groups for own children – it’s important to listen to your children and other children who permanently live in your home as a really important part of the fostering family.
- Access to Social Workers – your birth children and other children who permanently live in your home are an important part of your fostering family and it’s important we provide them with an opportunity to share their experiences.
- Dedicated events – we will make your family part of our family and we’ll take the time to get together as one big family
- Charity awards – we are happy to make donations to charitable activities undertaken by members of our fostering family.
Valuing the children in your care
- Advocacy – we listen, hear and act for those we support.
- Access to clinical support services – we are proud of ground-breaking therapeutic service which allows our carers and children to access to a range of bespoke therapeutic advice and support.
- Education specialists – providing you and the children in your care with advice and guidance on education related topics and schooling.
- Support workers/ children’s champions – a team of support workers who will work with children and young people to support you with their development and growth.
- Visits by our Social Workers – ensuring there is open dialogue with children and young people allowing for their voices to be heard.
- Access to Capstone Care Leavers Trust as a priority – we support children leaving care as they transition to independence through the Capstone Care Leavers Trust
- Celebrating successes – acknowledging the journey children and young people make and celebrating their successes together is important to us and their development
- Children’s forums – providing a safe and secure space for children and young people to express themselves.
- Competitive allowances – we appreciate and recognise that fostering is a significant commitment which is why you are provided with a fostering allowance is provided in order to support you.
- Respite (up to 14 days) – allows you to take a break without worrying about the financial implications.
If you’d like to find out more about the support and training, we will provide, contact us today or call 01253 712734.